Links and resources relating to the practice and praxis of traditional performance storytelling (whatever that is!).
Things that may be of interest if you want to develop a more critical or theoretical appreciation of storytelling practice:
- THE CRICK CRACK CLUB: Assessment Criteria for Performance Storytelling, prepared by Ben Haggarty, Artistic Director, 2011 [PDF]
Podcasts and interviews
A collection of links to interviews with professional storytellers. At some point, I will try to provide proper “catalogue” entries for this with at least as summary of the main talking points, if not a more comprehensive critique, and maybe even a transcript, if I can clear it with the teller and podcast producer… (Ideally, I’d also be able to host a local copy of the audio file in case it disappears; I’ll try to ensure pages are archived by archive.org as well.)
- The Angel Comedy Podcast — with Clare Murphy
- The Crane Bag Podcast — with Clare Murphy
- Storytelling Radio Podcast — Hugh Lupton : The Skeleton Of A Story, The Women In The Odyssey And The Restorying Of Landscape
Books relating to performance storytelling practise and culture.
- Contemporary Storytelling Performance (Female Artists on Practices, Platforms, Presences), Stephe Harrop, 2023, ISBN 9780367698669 [publisher page]. The sort of book you need to access through a university library, or request an inter-library loan from your local public library.